This opportunity was sent to us by Tobey B. Evans via email.
Joining one of the most accomplished audio departments in the UK, the Sound Designer’s primary purpose is to aid in all audio content creation, implementation and testing for our newly announced project based in the Warhammer® universe of fantasy battles.
We take the craft of designing and integrating sounds seriously, so as a creative and technical individual, if being part of an award-winning team and working on AAA productions is important to you then apply now!
– To follow and assist in the execution of the audio direction set out by the Audio Manager, delivering a AAA sound experience.
– To create sound effects and audio assets using techniques such as synthesis, location recording, Foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded material.
– Integrate audio content into games using scripting or other in-house tools and software.
– To create, integrate and mix audio content for trailers, demo’s and conferences.
– To test all aspects of implemented game audio to ensure playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
– Refine and develop craft, keeping abreast of latest developments in game audio.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
– In-house games development experience as a ‘sound designer’ or similar.
– Excellent sound design skills, showing creative flare.
– Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects.
– Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards.
– Experience of DSP, Synthesizer and Effects programming.
– Ability to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content.
– A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment.
– HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience.
– Must have completed work on at least the following demonstrating a significant sound design contribution:
– 2 shipped full price retail console or PC games, completing full in-house product cycles.
– Experience of Wwise integration.
– Professional location and studio based sound effects recording experience.
– Experience working as a sound designer on other AAA video game productions.
– Experience recording, editing and mixing dialogue.
– Unity experience.
– Ability to drive – have car.
– Knowledge and familiarity of CA products brand a bonus.
All Audio applicants are required to submit a DVD show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design.
Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel.
The Position will not lead to composing opportunities.