The Sound Designers primary purpose is to aid in all audio content creation, implementation and testing for Total War and Total War Digital titles developed at the studio with a focus on sound effects.
- To follow and assist in the execution of the audio direction set out by the Audio Manager, delivering a AAA sound experience.
- To create sound effects and audio assets using techniques such as synthesis, location recording, Foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded material.
- Integrate audio content into games using scripting or other in-house tools and software.
- To create, integrate and mix audio content for trailers, demo’s and conferences.
- To test all aspects of implemented game audio to ensure playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
- Report directly to and keeping well informed the audio manager of all issues and problems.
- To help construct and maintain the in-house sound effects library, adhering to set conventions.
- Travel to various locations, organising and conducting sound effects recording sessions.
- Refine and develop craft, keeping abreast of latest developments in game audio.
- In-house games development experience as a ‘sound designer’ or similar.
- Excellent sound design skills, showing creative flare.
- Professional location and studio based sound effects recording experience.
- Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects.
- Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards.
- Skilled and efficient with audio editing tools such as Wavelab, ProTools, Nuendo.
- Experience of DSP, Synthesizer and Effects programming.
- Willingness to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content.
- Ability to keep to schedules and work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated, working effectively and efficiently on own or as part of a team.
- A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment.
- Excellent hearing, for distinguishing sound quality.
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience.
- Must have completed work on at least the following demonstrating a significant sound design contribution:
- 4 shipped full price retail console or PC games, completing full in-house product cycles.
- Experience working as a sound designer on other AAA video game productions.
- Experience of Wwise integration.
- Experience recording editing and mixing dialogue.
- Experience recording classical and popular music instruments to a high standard.
- Degree in sound/audio related discipline (2:1 or above)
- Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Unity experience.
- Strong technical ability.
- Ability to drive – have car.
All Audio applicants are required to submit a DVD show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design.