Cazius is a plugin instrument based on a Casio CZ-5000 synthesizer sound set. The CZ-5000 is a phase-distortion synthesizer released in 1985, that was used by artists from different genres such as The Orb, Jean-Michel Jarre, Moby, Cirrus, Jimi Tenor, Vince Clarke and many more!
At its core, Cazius uses a set of Casio CZ-5000 samples recorded at 24 bit, 44.1 khz (DVD audio quality). The samples have been embedded in a VST/AU plugin instrument compatible with all DAW that supports VST & AU plugins. Cazius uses the same sample library as Monade’s CZ5000FA Ableton Live Pack.
- Original Casio CZ-5000 samples
- 36 different sounds
- Pitch bend and range controls
- 3 voice modes: mono, poly, legato
- Glide control
- LFO hardwired to pitch using a triangle as source
- 32 bit/64 bit VST plugin for Windows
- Universal VST/AU plugin for Mac OSX
- Pure 80s sounds!
More info (aka where to buy the plugin): http://www.monadesounds.com/2016/10/cazius.html