Sumthing Else Music Works, the premier record label dedicated to video game soundtracks, in partnership with Disney Interactive and Harmonix, today announced plans to release the “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved Original Soundtrack,” featuring the original score and classical music selections from the award-winning musical motion game arriving October 21. Developed by Harmonix, the innovative minds pioneering new ways for users to connect to music through gameplay, “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved” is a breakthrough musical motion video game inspired by Walt Disney’s classic animated film “Fantasia.” The “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved Original Soundtrack” will be available for streaming, digital download and physical CD on October 21.
In “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved”, players enter the magical realms of Fantasia, selected by the legendary sorcerer Yen Sid to hone their musical and magical prowess as his new apprentice. “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved” takes players on an interactive and immersive motion-controlled journey through worlds of music and magic, unleashing their creativity along the way.
The album comprises the game’s orchestral themes scored by award-winning composer Inon Zur and the music team at Harmonix, alongside new performances of classical masterpieces recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, Academy of St. Martin In The Fields and Chamber Orchestra of London at the famed Abbey Road Studios.
“The Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved soundtrack is a perfect marriage of classical music and contemporary game score that will take listeners on an animated journey through the layered worlds of the modern Fantasia with the timeless feel of the original property.”
– Gwen Bethel Riley, Head of Business Affairs Music, Disney Interactive.
Tracklisting for Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved Original Soundtrack:
1. Main Theme – London Symphony Orchestra (Inon Zur)
2. Toccata and Fugue in D Minor – London Symphony Orchestra (Johann Sebastian Bach)
3. Meeting The Master – Inon Zur
4. The Shoal – Emeen Zarookian, Steve Pardo
5. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Allegro) – Academy of St. Martin In The Fields (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
6. Introducing The Hat – Michael Veloso, Inon Zur
7. The Hollow – Michael Veloso, Inon Zur
8. Night on Bald Mountain – London Symphony Orchestra (Modest Mussorgsky)
9. Scout’s Theme – London Symphony Orchestra (Inon Zur)
10. The Nation – Peter Moore, Steve Pardo, Inon Zur
11. Symphony No. 9, from the New World, IV. Allegro con fuoco – Chamber Orchestra of London (Antonin Dvořák)
12. Pressing On – Michael Veloso, Inon Zur
13. The Press – Drew Olsen, Inon Zur, Steve Pardo
14. Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 – Chamber Orchestra of London (Franz Liszt)
15. Asking The Moon – Michael Veloso, Inon Zur
16. The Capsule – Peter Moore
17. The Next Phase – Michael Veloso, Inon Zur
18. Making An Impression/A Malignant Force – Inon Zur
19. The Apology – Inon Zur
20. Selections from the Nutcracker (Medley) – Academy of St. Martin In The Fields (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
21. The Four Seasons: Winter, I., Allegro non molto – Academy of St. Martin In The Fields (Antonio Vivaldi)
22. Theme from Fantasia: Music Evolved – Inon Zur
23. A Familiar Friend – Michael Veloso
24. Finale – Inon Zur
A “Director’s Cut” soundtrack, will offer exclusive remixes of the classical selections and original score B-sides for collectors who want to experience Fantasia “unlocked”. The Director’s Cut will be released for digital download exclusively on Sumthing.com.
“Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved” is rated “E10+” by the ESRB and will be available October 21, 2014 for $59.99 for the Xbox One and for $49.99 for Kinect for Xbox 360. For additional information about “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved,” join the Facebook community at https://www.facebook.com/fantasiagame, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @FantasiaGame and view all videos on our YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/FantasiaGame.