The Contract Sound Designer will work closely with the audio team to produce high quality and engaging sound effects appropriate to the South Park IP. The ideal candidate for this position should have intermediate level experience working as a Sound Designer for video games. This position will be off-site, so access to appropriate sound equipment is required.
All applicants may be required to take a sound design test.
- 2-3 years of experience as a junior to mid-level sound designer for video games.
- Proficiency using DAW’s Digital Audio Workstations such as Pro Tools, Nuendo etc.
- Proficiency using signal processors such as EQ, compressors, limiters etc.
- Experience planning and designing interactive sound effects.
- Experience recording original source material.
- A solid understanding of game audio.
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least one shipped title.
- A passion for gaming.
- Record, edit, design, master, organize and export original, high quality, game ready assets for a variety of sounds types such as game objects and ambiences.
- Work collaboratively with the audio team to achieve project goals.
- Match and complement the existing audio style of the game.
- A web portfolio is a plus, but not required.
- A college degree or equivalent in audio related studies.