Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard’s portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales.
High Moon Studios, part of Activision Blizzard, is developing a high-profile, action-packed title for Xbox 360™, PlayStation®3 and PC. Based in Carlsbad, we offer a creative and challenging environment that fosters collaboration, mentorship and camaraderie. We’re dedicated to making successful high quality games, and we are looking for outstanding candidates to join our talented team.
What you will do:
As an Audio Intern, you will work with the lead Sound Designer to create style guides / set sound quality bar
· Design and implement in-game audio assets for assigned products including music implementation, dialogue editing/implementation and sound effects design and editing
· Manages dialog database for international and localized SKU’s
· Participates in the conception and realization of pre-production prototypes
· Reports to the Lead Audio Designer
What we need you to have:
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Good interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with team and other departments
· Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Ability to exercise independent judgment as required
· Adapts well to change
What we would like you to have:
· Good listening skills
· Understanding of next-generation console audio hardware
· Knowledge of modern studio equipment and techniques
· Proficient with field recording gear and techniques.
· Knowledge of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals
· A strong desire to develop audio production and engineering skills
· Currently enrolled in Audio program at school
· Passionate for Video Games