EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor, Star Wars Old Republic, FIFA, Sims and Need For Speed. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Founded in 2011 by gaming industry veterans, EA Gothenburg is a new EA studio focusing on making a new generation of games on the Frostbite 2 engine. At EA Gothenburg, we are committed to deliver great games that connect gamers. We have an open and constructive communication and we respect individuals. We aim for the highest quality in everything we do, and that colours our everyday workspace and way of working. The studio is located in central Gothenburg, Sweden. To be a part of our talented team you need to be passionate about games and committed to being the best in the world at what you do. Apply now and join our talented team.
We are looking for a game focused audio programmer to join the sound team at EA Gothenburg. You will work closely together with the game teams, primarily sound designers, and implement requested features as well as maintaining, debugging and optimizing the audio code of the game. You should be passionate about writing time critical and stable code in C++.
What skills does EA Gothenburg look for?
• Excellent C++ skills
• Experience developing for systems with limited resources, e.g. memory, CPU, optical media disc streaming
• Excellent grasp of object oriented programming and data oriented programming
• BS or MSc in Computer Science or similar discipline
• 2+ years’ relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written English skills.
The successful applicant might also have:
• A special interest in audio, e.g. audio processing, audio synthesis, physical properties of sound or similar.
• Knowledge of and experience of audio/music production tools. . (E.g. Soundforge, Vegas, Pro Tools, Max/MSP, Logic, etc.)
• Experience in C#
• DSP programming
• Good math skills
• Gameplay programming experience
• Experience of current audio middleware (E.g. FMod, Wwise, XACT, OpenAL, Miles etc.)
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
If you have any questions please contact:
Karl Neuman, Recruiter, or Anna Lundmark, Talent Coordinator, on +46 8 658 78 0