Would you love to be involved in every aspect of audio content development? Insomniac Games is looking for a passionate and experienced Audio Designer to create, edit and implement AAA game-ready audio for our projects. You’ll join and collaborate with our amazing audio team to maintain a high level of quality and consistency of assets. Do you have what it takes?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Creates unique sounds for in game and cinematic sequences. Duties include creative sound design, technical sound design, cinematic sound design and mix, and foley/source sound effect recording and editing.
• Work with and communicate with various team members to achieve desired goals and milestones of project in a proactive manner.
• Communicate progress toward goals on a regular basis with production directors.
• Provide assistance with audio schedule creation per project.
• Experiment with new sound techniques and practices in effort to increase audio quality in our games.
• Contribute to audio style guide creation for assigned projects and maintain consistency in audio style throughout project.
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience focused on original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or computer game product development experience.
• Proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
• Experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
• Proficient with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge) and plug-in and outboard effects processors.
• Experience with LUA and other text-based scripting languages.
• Experience with SCREAM and Wwise a plus.
• Knowledgeable with both PC and Mac-based operating systems. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other related programs.
Emphasis in sound effect and dialogue mixing and post production work. Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats. Basic understanding of audio physics principles. Video game production required. Location recording experience a plus. Clearly you will be exposed to varying levels of sound based on work or project.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you- then we look forward to hearing from you! Please use the link below and apply directly to our website. Thanks!
Founded in 1994, Insomniac Games is an independent game developer with studios in Burbank, Calif. and Durham, NC. Prior to founding Insomniac, CEO/President Ted Price spent a few years as controller of a start-up medical company, where he decided that life in games must be easier. (He was wrong…) Fortunately, he found two very talented programmers, Alex and Brian Hastings, and together they laid the foundation for Insomniac’s first success, Disruptor.