LONDON: June 24th 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2021’s Global Music+Sound Awards – Final Call For Entries
Entry Deadline: 30 June
LONDON – June 24, 2021 – 2021’s Music+Sound Awards will close for entries at the end of the day, Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Final call to all composers, sound designers, music supervisors, sync teams, producers and directors…
Anyone who has worked, in any capacity, on a film, TV, advertising, gaming or trailer project they feel has been notably enriched by the music or sound, is invited to enter.
This global competition continues, for a 9th year, to showcase and celebrate both established and emerging talent from the world of media music and sound. Awards for best original composition, sound design, sync, re-records and use of production music in advertising, film (features + shorts), TV, gaming and trailers will be presented.
A 50+ strong judging panel of esteemed and influential industry authorities will meticulously assess each entry in August and go on to determine the best and brightest, enabling the recognition and accolade they deserve.
The judging panel includes:
- Isobel Waller-Bridge, Film + TV Composer (Film: Chanya Button’s Vita & Virginnia, Autumn de Wilde’s Emma, TV: ITV’s Vanity Fair, BBC’s The Split)
- Jon Opstad, TV + Game Composer (Amazon’s drama The Feed, BBC drama The Woman in White)
- Oscar winning, Lon Bender, Sound Supervisor / Designer at Formosa, Los Angles (Film: Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s The Revenant, Nicolas Winding Refn’s Drive, TV: Showtimes’ Billions)
- Glenfield Payne, Supervising Sound Editor, Harbor Picture Company, New York (Film: Steven Soderbergh’s Let Them All Talk and High Flying Bird, Joel Edgerton’s Boy Erased, TV: Plan B Entertainment’s Sweetbitter, Amazon Studio’s Red Oaks)
- Lewis Todd, Sound Designer at Molinaire, London (Film: Duncan Jones’ Mute, Idris Elba’s Yardie, TV: Channel 4’s Ackley Bridge, Sky’s Patrick Melrose)
- Zoe Ellen Bryan, Music Supervisor at Carbon Logic, London (Gurinder Chadha’s Bruce Springsteen film Blinded By The Light, TV: I Hate Suzie, BBC’s Peaky Blinders S5, Channel 4’s Derry Girls S2)
- EMMY nominated, Catherine Grieves, Head of Film + TV at Faber Music, London (TV: Riviera, Us, Killing Eve, Film: Lynne Ramsay’s You Were Never Really Here)
- BAFTA winner, Peter Scaturro, Senior Music Producer at Sony Interactive Entertainment (Death Stranding, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Days Gone, God of War)
- EMMY winner, Inon Zur, Composer (Fallout, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia, The Elder Scrolls)
- Don Veca, Senior Principal Audio Director, at Sledgehammer Games/Activision, San Francisco (Call of Duty: WWII, Dead Space)
Meet the full jury here: www.masawards.com/ jury-2021
Entry details and competition rules can be found on the awards site, www.masawards.com
The Music+Sound Awards continue to proudly support Nordoff Robbins, the music therapy charity, with £5 from each submission going to this life-changing charity.
2021 Music+Sound Awards’ Key Information
- FINAL ENTRY DEADLINE:Midnight (USA Pacific Time), Wednesday June 30th 2021
- ELIGIBILITY WINDOW: Work must have been first broadcast or released, with client approval, or completed in the case of short films, between April 1st2020 and June 30th 2021
- SUBMISSIONS: Can be made via the awards site:www.masawards.com
Visit www.masawards.com and follow The Music+Sound Awards on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for news updates.
About The Music+Sound Awards
The Music+Sound Awards are the world’s first and only global awards programme to recognise and celebrate the indispensable role and outstanding contribution that music and sound design play in the world of visual media.
Aimed at professionals working in advertising, film, television (branding and programming), gaming, and trailers, the awards are open to anyone who is or has been involved in the creation, composition, sourcing, licensing, briefing and / or production of music and sound design for any media broadcast or released globally.
The awards categories have been created to include the widest possible use of music and sound in the media. They invite entries from television and online advertising, feature films, short films, television programmes, video games, title sequences, branding and trailers, judging for: best original composition, best sound design, best sync, best re-record and best use of production music.
For more information or images please contact
Emma Maguire – email@example.com | +44 7808 500 132